Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Magix 4400D Loosing Trunk Assignments

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidelinesammy

Vendor
Jan 11, 2012
US
Here's a little something that I found out that I had never encountered on the Merlin Magix. If you have a 4400D telephone connected to a digital station port and you remove the 4400D and connect a multibutton digital telephone to the same port and then reconnect the 4400D to that same port, you will loose any line/trunk assignments you had for that extension. The user will not be able to dial "9" and call out and if any lines were programmed to ring on the 4400D, obviously they loose that too. I regularly use a testar (modap) on the M block to check extension numbers at the backboard. If you float the jumper wire and test the extension with the testar and a multibutton telephone (IE 4424D) and then punch the jumper wires back down you will loose line/trunk assignments if the phone connected to that port was originally a 4400D. I've had it happen a couple of times and I set up a system up on the bench today to test my theory as to why it was occurring. Don't know why it does it, but it does.

Well, that's interesting, to say the least. All phones (EVEN SINGLE LINE T&R Ones) have 34 Button addresses since the Merlin 206 days. Why replacing one Digital Set with another would make a difference is very strange indeed. I can only surmise that the system really knows the difference between these Single Line versions of the Digital set and the Multi Line 44xx series. I have enough Magix Hardware to test this, but I lack telephones, so I can't set up a lab to duplicate the condition.

I would think that if you were to do a BOARD RENUMBER after switching the sets, it would probably allow the changes to be registered.

-merlinmansblog.blogspot.com

yes I've had this happen , if you look at the maintenance of the port it will show the wrong type set , always had to a busy out and restore, with no set plugged in , if the set was still plugged in it nothing would change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back