Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Magix 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

idrishvohra

Technical User
Oct 10, 2007
US
I have Magix 3.0, have 8 Pots lines and 008 module used for DID,
All 8 lines appear on 4424LD phone ext 100 and DID # 7100 also allocated to this phone
After hours main line trunk 801 and DID 7100 need to be call forwarded to an external 800 number to be answered by answering service.
How do I set this up?
Have merlin Messaging as Voicemail only no Auto Attendant.

Any Help will be appreciated

Make 100 the Principal User of the POTS lines, and assign it Trunk to Trunk Transfer. Then, just forward 7100 to the Answering Service.

Since DID 7100 arrives at Ext. 100, and it has become Principal User of the POTS lines, forwarding it to the Answering Service's number will cause all calls to forward.

I work for Idrish and we tried what everybody suggested and it worked fine when call comes in on the D.I.D.'s call gets tranfered out fine no problem, but when a call comes in on a pots line it tranfers out but lines lock up and will not release the line when call is hung up

Lines and trunks LS/reliable disconnect should be set to yes on all loop start trunks.

yes it is set to "yes" in lines and trunks Ls/reliable disconnect and still lock up the trunks

Do you know what type of Central office the local company has? I have this problem and the C.O. is a DMS 10 with and old Y2K glitch. The local C.O. must have far end disconnect enabled.

im using 2 of my analog extension to act as co's lines from my IP Office as testing purpose. would that still be the problem?

I'm not well versed on the IP office, but that could be the problem if the line will not disconnect. Can you check the parameters of the analog extensions in the IP Office? I would think there should be a timing parameter nt there.

yes i could but its also doing this to my customer also that has a Magix system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back