Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Magix - 2 Pri - ARS question 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarGoSki

Programmer
Mar 11, 2005
US
Hello fellas.

I have a Magix 2.0 with two PRIs. There are two separate companies working off this system. Each PRI has its own set of DIDs. I have set each PRI into two separate trunk groups 890 and 891.

Is it possible to have an extension dial out of a particular PRI for all calls. I suspect that this is an ARS issue which is my absolute weakest area.

Each company exists in its own building on a campus. Company A has the system in building A and extensions are fed via copper feed to Company B-Building B. Company B has its own PRI that is fed to Building A via copper feed from building B.

Anyway I couldn't get E911 partition or outward dialing over a particular PRI working.

Currently Pool 890 and 891 are in the Default Toll and Local tables so they can dial to their hearts content but I and concerned about exhausting the capacity of pool 890 since all outward calls process here first. It is possible that all trunks will exhaust in pool 890 leaving no trunks for inward calls.

I suppose that I could have the LEC port all DIDs to the PRI in pool 891 but I feel that proper ARS programming would allow Company A calls to process primarily through 890 and Company B calls to process through 891.

Before I go CRAZY trying to figure all of this out, please answer this:

How many extensions are in Company A & how many are in Company B?

Let's start with that issue first.

You could set the FRL level for trunk 890 (A) to a 4 and all of that companies users to a 4 also, then set the FRL level for trunk 891 (B)to a 3 and those users to a 3. This would prevent "B" from using "A"'s trunks, but would not prevent "A" from using "B"'s if all of "A" were busy.
One other possibility would be to put pool buttons on each of "A" and "B"s respective telsets and tell them to press the pool button for outbound calls, and bypass ARS altogether. That way you would be giving them access only to their trunks, you would have to test this because I am not positive that this would work with a PRI, I have done it with E&M T-1 trunks. Unfortunately the Legend/Magix doesn't have the granularity in programming that the Definity's have.
I am assuming that you have some form of call accounting to seperate each companies Toll calling by station or Cost Center.

Thanks phonesrus.

I had thought of trying that and you can indeed assign a pool button that represents PRI trunks to an extension. While this would work on the surface it would only allow for one outgoing call at a time. Not really since the sysaccess buttons would allow for more albeit over the wrong trunks.

Thanks merlinman.

Each company has approximately 50 extensions.

One additional thought...

Setting the FRL level for trunks and extensions is a good overall idea and would solve this case 90% or more of the time. This customer performs call accounting through the LEC only and has been provided reports at least three times a year.

I suppose he could find which company processes most of the calls and I could adjust the FRLs accordingly.

Well, My idea is to put each companys pool on a button.

As Ron Popiel says, "But wait, there's more!"

Considering you do not want to limit these guys to just 1 call at a time, then break the lines into 3 pools for each company.

Now they can still make 3 outgoing calls at once.

Or 4 pools. Remember, there's a total of 11 you can play with.

That's how I would do it.

If memory serves me correctly, if you assign a trunk pool to a station, then dialing "9" from that station siezes a trunk from that assigned pool allowing multiple calls out. Then using the "FRL" to further isolate access, it may work. I am also thinking that you have to remove the default local and LD routes. I did this a long time ago and exactly how I accomplished it is a bit fuzzy.

Another way would be assign the pool and set a speeddial button above the loop buttons designated as "Outcall" with the "TAC" code for the individual companies trunks, PRI's don't like to be tac'd, but with the pool assigned and a speeddial it might be worth a try.

Here is what I did do.

Changed ARS restriction for all extensions in Bldg B to 4. Changed Pool 891 to FRL 4.
Left Pool 890 at FRL 3 and extensions in Bldg A at 3.
Assigned Default Local and Toll as 891 first and 890 second in the list.
Assigned Bldg B extensions dial out code(pool) to 891.

This appears to be working!

I have a similar issue... Will this work with a Legend 7.0? The customer needs the ANI to sort billing for each company from the LD provider. I have the number to send set as base plus intercom. Only trouble is that the executives do not want their individual DID displayed to every call they make. I thought of dividing the PRI into three pools, one for incoming, one for company A outbound and the last for company B outbound calling. Is there a better way? Company A has 30 sets and company B has 50 sets. Only one PRI and no copper trunks.

As far as incoming, you will not need a seperate pool.

PRI will route the incoming calls to what ever D-I-D you get. (Provided of course, that's what it is doing now)

You could do the 3 pools for out going and set it up to where Pool A sends 1 Tel Number and Pool B sends a different one.

The numbers sent would not have to be anyone's D-I-D in particular, just a number that would get a returning call back to the system.

You would want to use a unique number that would meet their needs of knowing which department made the call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back