Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Magix 024TDL dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

J.A.Duke

IS-IT--Management
Aug 14, 2017
US
We had a building power shutdown this weekend and when the Magix restarted, one of the 024TDL cards seems to have failed.

We have two carriers:

[tt]Carrier: 1
Slot[tab]Board Type[tab]Hardware[tab]Firmware[tab]Application
[tab][tab][tab][tab][tab][tab]Vintage[tab][tab]Vintage[tab][tab]Vintage
0[tab]Processor: CKE5[tab]02
1[tab]412 LS-TDL[tab][tab]02[tab][tab]02[tab][tab]0B
2[tab]024 TDL[tab][tab][tab]02[tab][tab]02[tab][tab]0B
3[tab]024 TDL[tab][tab][tab]02[tab][tab]02[tab][tab]0B
4[tab]016 TRR[tab][tab][tab]52[tab][tab]12[tab][tab]22
5[tab]100D/CSU/DSU-U[tab]0B[tab][tab]A1[tab][tab]33

Carrier: 2
Slot[tab]Board Type[tab]Hardware[tab]Firmware[tab]Application
[tab][tab][tab][tab][tab][tab]Vintage[tab][tab]Vintage[tab][tab]Vintage
6[tab]MERLIN Msg[tab][tab]57[tab][tab]40[tab][tab]43
7[tab]024 TDL[tab][tab](marked as "Surrogate" in GUI)
[/tt]
That 024 TDL in slot 7 is shown in "surrogate" mode in WinSPM in the graphical view.

All the extensions that are on the second 024 TDL card are "dead"-no display and VM light flashing 1-2 times per second.

I know enough to be dangerous on the system, but I've not got a great depth of experience in troubleshooting a problem like this one. Would a board renumber fix the issue? The system does see the board, but none of the sets are responding to a "Station Responding Test" in WinSPM.

Can you suggest what my best course of action would be to fix the problem? I'm inclined to just replace the board, but what issues would that create? Are extension assignments based on board & serial number (or other identifier) or by board position? So, if I swap out the problem 024 TDL, would the replacement take over the extension assignments?

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,
Jon

Did you turn it off again, and power up the expansion carrier first and then the main carrier?

I haven't done a power cycle-will do that early tomorrow and report back.

Messaging is in the expansion carrier and is working, but I'll try that.

Is there anything special I need to do regarding the 024TDL listed as a surrogate in the expansion?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Jon

Thank you T[sup]3[/sup]!

I did a power down of the system, then restarted in the proper order and all is well with the world.

Cheers,
Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back