Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Magento newbie question

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyutghf

Technical User
Apr 12, 2008
GB
There isn't a Magento forum so I hope this is the right place to ask a question.

I have to update a magento website with new theme but have not used Magento before. The current design employs square product images (350x350px) but this aspect is bad to display our product so our new design will feature 450x350px images (and scales for the product list pages).

If we upload image now in this format the image is scaled but white space added to the top and bottom to keep the square. If all of the new images are uploaded now (so they will have the white top and bottom), when the new theme is switched on can the thumbnails be regnerated to show in the new dimension with no white bits?

I couldn't find any info on the web about how Magento handles images, can anyone answer my question or point me to a link that explains how it al works?

Thanks

isn't there a keepFrame method of the image class? passing false to that should stop the addition of a frame on rendering to the page.

if the issue is that the image itself is being resized, then i think you would use the resize method of the image class. normally this just takes one argument, but you can add a second too. With a second argument the two are width, height (in pixels).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back