Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Made the mistake of deleting Public Folder Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iggy347

IS-IT--Management
Jul 30, 2003
US
During a migration from one Exchange server to another, I made the mistake of deleting the Public Folder Store on the first Exchange Server in my domain. Now I have "left over" public folders in outlook that i can not delete. I made copies of these folders so all i want to do is delete them. Also clients are now getting the unable to update free busy data errors. I keep trying to restore from backup but my veritas job log shows "Access Denied to Public Folder Store (Servername)" The pub1.edb and pub1.stm files still remain on the server but i cannot remount them. If i could get them restored would I then be able to delete these folders.

Also my issue with free/busy data would this be a job for the Guidgen.exe utility? Or if i am able to restore can i replicate system folders?

Before you can restore from backup, you need to create a new store and make it the MAPI based store.

Thanks!...will this new store need to use the same .edb and .stm names as the original store? I wasn't sure if that was my problem with my restore is failing. I checked the Veritas knowledge base for the errors I am receiving....but their suggestions were to make sure that "This database can be overwritten by a restore" was checked. But they did not mention anything about he naming of the .edb and .stm. I'll just have to do a little guess and check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back