Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

made site in FW ; now to DW; how?

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterken

Technical User
Oct 1, 2003
BE
Hello all,

I learned myself making webpages with fireworks. Everything looks fine.
Now I want to export everything to Dreamweaver of which I don't know much yet.
What is the best method to do this? Page by page?
What about the inter-page and other-site links? Do I create them in Fw and than export to DW?
Can I host the site myself on my own PC or server?

Sorry for my English, I'm Flemish!

tx

Peterken

the danger with fireworks is that you get little grey boxes with squares in when u publish the site! I learned this the hard way!

The best way I find is to make a root folder for your site and create seperate folders for each of the other pages within the root folder. When you export your homepage, export it to the root folder. When you export your other pages, send all the images and HTML to the appropiate folder you have created for those pages.

When you export, FW will put all your images in the folder you choose and it will create an HTML file. When you further your work in DW, always save over this HTML file. If you save it as something else, you will have nightmares with images.

I wish someone told me that! used to get really wound up! hope this helps.
Use the export option in dreamweaver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back