Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Macros in Goldmine

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJCanon

IS-IT--Management
Mar 18, 2009
US
Hi!

We are having some issues with macros in Goldmine.

When a user clicks on a macro a number of non related windows open and information automatically begins filling into incorrect fields, which eventually results in Goldmine closing or freezing up. This does not happen with all users, just a couple.

For the users that are affected by these issues, I have tried their Goldmine profiles on different computers and they are able to use the macros with no problems. I have also tried using Goldmine profiles that are not having the issues on the computers where issues are occurring and those profile end up having the same issues. Thus, I am assuming it is a computer related problem not a Goldmine issue.

We are running Goldmine 4.0 and the computers are Dells with an XP as the OS. Some are running SP 2 while others are running SP 3.

I was wondering if anyone knows if there are updates that are known to cause issues with Goldmine? Or if either SP has known Goldmine related issues?

Thanks!

were the macros recorded exclusively with keystrokes? Recording a macro with mouse movements in it is notoriously unreliable on different systems due to things like mouse acceleration, different video modes, etc.

Doug Castell
Castell Computers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back