Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Macromedia Flash Player Issues With Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

hsassociates

Technical User
Jul 24, 2008
GB
I do hope this is the right message board. If not my apologies.

I'm nearing my wits end trying to view downloadable videos that I've purchased recently (not the type you may be thinking).

When I download the videos - Each zipped video contains:

1. A shockwave flash object
2. HTML Document (index)
3. XML Document
4. swfobject - JScript Script File

When I double-click on the index HTMl file (in previous years this use to work fine) to view the video I get message stating:

"The Camtasia Studio video content presented here requires JavaScript to be enabled and the latest version of the Macromedia Flash Player. If you are you using a browser with JavaScript disabled please enable it now. Otherwise, please update your version of the free Flash Player by downloading here."

I have downloaded the latest version of Flash Player and once downloaded states that it has been successfully installed on my Windows Vista Premium Operating system.

I check and re-check that I have javascript enabled which I do - yet still when clicking the index.html file to view the video content, I'm unable to do so amd presented yet again with the above statement.. "The camtasia studio video content...

I've been reading elsewhere it may be an issue with Internet explorer. I do have internet explorer and the latest version of Firefox installed on my Desktop PC and Have tried to uninstall it but in vain.

I then copied the zip file to my USB stick and tried to view it on my laptop - Vista with Mozilla Firefox and to my puzzlement the same thing happens.

I'm absolutely desperate to have this matter resolved as it's went on for 2 months now. Can anyone advise... give me a breakdown of what I should do.

Your help would be a heavy burden lifted and I'd be extremely appreciative.

I'm not too techie-minded and don't want to mess my system up. I say that because I've also read somehwere else that I may need to have my registry files altered/amended/ or fixed. Could this be true. Strange how the same thing happens on my 9 month Acer laptop though.

Please try and help :)

Thanks in anticipation!!

HSAssociates

Open FF and then drag and drop the 1.) A shockwave flash object onto it... does it play now?

work around, install VLC or Media Player Classic, both should be able to play Flash Movies (extensions .FLV and .SWF)... IrfanView does this aswell...

Ben

"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back