Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Macromedia Contribute 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pindky

Programmer
Apr 26, 2002
US
Has anyone actually used this new software. What did you think of it? Did it protect your coding? Was it reasonably easy to teach your clients to use?

Thanks!

Well...I was asked to test it for my company and what a time I had!!!!

First off I will say that it looks really good and it does seem very user friendly. But there are many problems.

You need to create a connection with the server so as it can update it. Now this becomes a problem if you have any kind of decent firewall/network/security. If you update via FTP I understand it is easier though but local/network is a right pain in the ass.

But I did get it working on a local project running on my PWS and I do have to give it credit for doing that quite well. It doesnt make a mince of your code and it can be locked out of certain areas. So those users cant go messing with the ASP code! It also incorporates the CSS files and allows them to be used via a lovely drop down menu.

So all in all....if you can get past the mammoth task of actually connecting then it does the job aright.

Check out the Contribute forum on the Macromedia site to see the problems other people had...(you will notice that most of them are connection problems!)

Cheers,
jstar7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back