Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

macro to import exchange rates 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

wysiwygGER01

Programmer
Feb 18, 2009
AU
Hi,
We're using Accpac 5.5 and I'm looking for someone to write me a macro which imports exchange rates into Accpac.
The macro would get its rates from XE.com for approx 10 currencies and will run daily.

Anyone here can help me with this? Please provide contact details.

Hi,

Sorry to open this thread up again.
I've created an executable from the getrates.avb macro and it works well.
However it only works if I run it as Administrator and start it manually.
When I try to run it as a scheduled task as Adminstrator nothing happens. I tried starting the .exe and starting the .exe from a batch file in the scheduler. Nothing happens.

Running it as a user other then adminstrator I get 'The "Session" object was not opened"

I don't mind running it as admin but any ideas why it won't run from the scheduler?

Put some debugging lines in your code, or write things to a log, it should work.

Man you are really good!
Yes, my shared data folder is a mapped drive.
It works for a local drive.
I spent hours today trying to find out whats wrong.

Is there a way to make it work for the mapped drive as well as I need to have the shared data folder on a mapped drive?

No, drives are not mapped when you run a schedule since the user is not actually logged on. Use UNC or the natural path.
BTW drive mappings went out of fashion years ago, nobody uses them anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back