Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Macro stops and send microsoft a report

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelbr55

Programmer
Oct 8, 2002
I have a user of a collection of MS Word macros that is having this problem whenever she tries to activate any of the macros. The macros don't run at all and Word pops up a box saying it is going to send a report to Microsoft. This collection is in use by many other users but none have complained of this error. Does anyone know where I might start looking for the cause and a solution to this problem.

Mike [pipe]

First of all, what does the report say? Does it give any error codes... paste the whole thing here if you can.

The user says that when it says send error
report there is no specific error message.
Mike [pipe]

michaelbr55 (Programmer) wrote on Jun 15, 2004:
The user says that when it says send error
report there is no specific error message.

I find that hard to believe. If I were you I'd confirm this to be the case before trying to troubleshoot. Have her run the macros while you're watching (or at least on the phone with her or something, and have her read everything to you that Word tells her). Maybe look in the event logs too.

I wouldn't like to question the users about the lack of error message, and looking over her shoulder is not really and option, my eyes aren't that good anymore and she is in the US and I am in Australia, so even phone conversations aren't that easy, or cheap!
What event logs could I get her to send me?

Mike [pipe]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back