Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MACRO REQUIRING SAVE ON OPENING DOC

Status
Not open for further replies.

kettie

Technical User
Sep 18, 2002
AU
What I'm trying to do may be impossible, but I'm a keen novice and like exploring.

I have a template for a form created in word. What I want users to do is to have to save the form to a network directory immediately upon opeining a new document based on the template.

From reading a couple of texts, I think I might be able to do it through the AutoNew macro. I have managed get the AutoNew macro working to pop up a couple of message boxes and to close the Task Pane, but I can't seem to get it to do the save thingy. Here's what I have so far:
'
Sub AutoNew()
'
' AutoNew Macro
' Macro created 1/20/2003 by J Grierson
'
CommandBars("Task Pane").Visible = False
MsgBox "Please ensure you complete every field on this form. If you are unsure of anything, please contact the OH&S Consultants on extension 228 or 276"
MsgBox "Use the tab key to move through the fields. Where a drop down arrow appears, select the appropriate response from the list"

End Sub
An additional problem is that not all users have the same directory path - so all I really want is for the save dialog box to appear so that they can then choose the appropriate directory path.

Is this possible. I'm using Word 2002.

Thanks for any help

Kettie[cry]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back