Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Macro failed to begin execution

Status
Not open for further replies.

firstline

Technical User
Apr 24, 2007
US
I run into several macros that will execute from the macro editor, but failed to begin execution when called from a toolbar button, any ideas?

First I run all macros from the editor, but I also get this message when I run multiple macros in a row. When this message appears, I close all instances of the editor, and then re-open and it runs fine. I have been unable to determine the cause, but can isolate the issue to specific macros that will cause the following macro to fail.

Most of my scripts do use INCLUDE, but not all of the those will initiate the message.

I hope this gives you a bit of insight for troubleshooting.

Yeah. The reason why they are not running from the toolbar is often the toolbar editor will associate macros to the default path. What you have to do is open the toolbar in the toolbar editor, click the button you want to associate the macro to, click object, click macro, click browse and actually browse for the macro you want for the button, when you find it, double click on it, save the toolbar, and the problem is fixed. It is because of this problem that I wrote a stand alone app that runs macros for either PCOMM or Attachmate Extra without having to configure those darn toolbars.

PS you will get an error message if you run another macro before the previous one is finished in Attachmate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back