Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

macro execution - timing of events

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpimental

Programmer
Jul 23, 2002
US
If I have a macro that does a number of things (e.g., sets warnings to false, runs some update queries, delete queries, insert queries, sets warnings to true, then finally opens a form). If the last thing that is being done is to open a form, and the form remains open, does that mean the macro is still running?

When does it stop running, when the form is closed?

David Pimental
(US, Oh)

Hi,
If the last thing that is being done is to open a form, and the form remains open, does that mean the macro is still running?
One of the last statements in your macro is something like...
Code:
YourFormObject.Show
If not other macro is called after that statement, the macro is done.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

So, to clarify, once the last command is executed in a macro, it's done, correct?

One last question is, what if you have an openform command, and then after that command, you have a setwarnings to true command?

David Pimental
(US, Oh)

It's done.

Skip,
[sub]

Are you actually referring to a MACRO or a VB Procedure?

Either way the form is opened or closed and thats it. Nothing is waiting, unless you have code with a "DoEvents loop".

Skip,
[sub]

Cool, thanks for the clarification.

I had a macro I was updating and noticed that they were actually calling a macro, right before setting the warnings back to true.

All the macro did was open a form. So, I was thinking of replacing the macro call with a simple open form call.

David Pimental
(US, Oh)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back