Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Macro Combo Box?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevehatpa

Technical User
Feb 2, 2006
US
I am working with a client who uses Microsoft Access 2000 on an XP machine. We have made a Macro for the client that calls upon a detailed query and eventually exports the data to Excel form.

How can I have a "combo box", or some other window, automatically open for the client at the beginning of the Macro process that will ask for a couple of variables? For instance, they need to specify the Year and District for the set of queries. The client does have any technical skills, so I cannot depend on him to open the queries to specify the Year and District on his own. Due to the client's money constraints, I am trying to do this myself instead of a programmer.

The two variables reside in two places, which are involved in the overall query:
[Active Parcels]![Year_Id] and [All County]![Dist_City]

Is it possible to do this within the Macro Design View and without VB being involved?

I'm happy to provide any more info if needed. Thanks in advance.

-Steve

You can make the query ask for the information by adding the question to the critria line in query design view under the appropriate field. It should look something like this:

[Please enter year: ]

That's exactly what I needed! Very easy.

-Steve

IMHO, parameter prompts aren't appropriate user interface, particulary if there are "a couple of variables". faq701-6763

Duane MS Access MVP
Now help me support United Cerebral Palsy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back