Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Macola Progression 7.7.600 to 7.7.800 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsymonds

MIS
Jul 25, 2008
US
Hi - we are looking to make a jump. I have customized integreted Crystal Reports and use Flex. My manager would like to have us upgrade. We recently went from 7.6.400B to 7.7.600. The upgrade was painful. A lot of code in the Crystal had to be modified due to SQL table changes and differences in Crystal versions. Some problems took months to resolve. Anyway - how involved it the upgrade I am looking at? Do I need to install new clients? Is the upgrade process buggy?

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Bob

Your original post makes no sense. Unless the upgrade from 76400b was also a Pervasive to SQL upgrade, crystal changes are very painless. Can you elaborate more on the upgrade?

In terms of 77600 to 77800, you should have zero problems.

Software Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

in our case Progression 7.6.400b used crystal 7.x, Progression 7.7x uses crystal 11 IIRC. We have a bunch of ICR including invoices, travelers, PO's, etc.. Some of the SQL tables have been modified in 7.7.x which affected some of the custom 50 or so reports we have had written. The code written in CR7 is somewhat different in CR11 which also affected out reports.

I can't speak to Progression but we just moved from ES 9.5.600 to 9.5.800 and the Crystal issue is a bit painful for us as well. We were finally able to get the modifications done, however the reports run much slower now than before.
Outside of that there were more bugs in this upgrade that we have had to deal with than in past upgrades.
Some of the bugs we encountered include:
1) No prompt when creating an order for a customer on hold (blocked) and the order not going to hold status | Note: this has since been fixed.
2) Looking at orders for a customer with a large amount of orders may not sort correctly | Note: it looks like there may be a fix for this soon.
3) WMS BOL - printing must be done by a Macola administrator | Note: being worked on
4) Vendor Federal ID is not populated appropriately when going between accounts | Note: confirmed bug
And in regards to Synergy Enterprise the list may be a bit larger.

@ allogagan1 - Regarding your note regarding the WMS BOL - this has been corrected and hotfixed to Macola ES 9.5.900. Development is currently working to also add this correction to apply the changed to Macola ES 9.5.800 as well. This hotfix should be released within a couple of weeks.

Thanks!

Updated from Progression SQL 7.7.7 to 7.7.8 this weekend, we can get into macola but get BTRCALL:LOAD=WBTRV32.dll then next screen VBMACEXE.exe error.

I have the Bank Examiner here and cannot do anything!!

Did you get this resolved?

You upgraded over the weekend and didn't even try to do anything in Macola?

Software Training, Implementation, Programming and Support for Macola Progression, Macola ES, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

Hi Bob,

We have too have customized integreted Crystal Reports and use Flex to print them. We upgraded to Macola 7.7.7 last year and did not have a problem until the (apparently only person to use this feature) had to get a Windows 7 pc. Now his report will not print from Macola. (Uses flexibility to print the report.)

Can you tell me what Crystal object references you changed to to get Flexibility spawned CR reports to work? There seem to be a ton of ocxes available from CR 8 through CR 11.5. We only own CR 10 so the higher versions muxt have been installed by the Macola upgrade.
Any help would be appreciated,
Mary Jo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back