Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Macola ES / Synergy - Lost Sale Quotes

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff1675

IS-IT--Management
Apr 27, 2011
US
We use lost sales currently but I would like to know if there is a way to make quotes into lost-sales via the backend, SQL and event manager.

We routinely have prospects that have one or more quotes prepared for them. When we sell them a product or determine that they are a lost sale we then have sometimes a handful of quotes to either manually mark lost or more often these quotes end up sitting in the system and never get marked lost.

I would like to mark all quotes as lost-sales for a certain account. This doesn’t seem terribly easy to do as the quote has to move from the open to history tables for both the header and line tables.

I’m wondering if there is a canned way to do this or if you’ve seen this request before? Any scripting / stored procedure to make this happen? I looked online and on exact’s site but didn’t see anything related.

It should be possible to write a SQL script to move the records from the open to the history tables, and assign a lost sale code, but how many quotes are we talking about? It hardly seems worth the effort. You can do this manually in very short order even if you have a couple of hundred quotes.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back