Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Macola 7.7.700 Loss of Flexibility (crystal report printing) in Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjbasecamp

Programmer
Dec 9, 2002
US
Hello all,
We are running Progression 7.7.7 and have some old Flexibility code that prints out a crystal report. We have Crystal Reports 10 (have yet to upgrade). The Flex code still works on our XP machines but not on the Windows 7 ones. I was surprised to see that the flex code references the Crystal Reports 8 Engine Object Library (surpised it still works on the XP machines as the report is written in CR 10).

Anyway, it my research I've seen talk of registering the mscomctl.ocx (did that). A mention that the vbaconn.exe file is bad, etc. But oddly, no mention of this exact problem. Does Flexibility still work for any of you Windows 7 users? Or is this a Crystal Reports problem? BTW: We have no problem running this report using a third party app outside of Macola (Progression) on the Windows 7 machine.

Does any one know which crystal report ocx I should be referencing from Flexibility in Windows 7?

Thanks in advance,
Mary Jo

Mary Jo,

Flexibility does work in a Windows 7 environment. The problem you are having is related to the Crystal components which your project is using. Windows 7 is only supported with Crystal XI R2 SP 6 or higher versions of Crystal. You will need to update the code to use the Crystal XI Runtime components for everyone or create a project for the user which is running Windows 7 which will use the Crystal XI runtime components.

Try looking at the reference for: Crystal Reports ActiveX Designer Run Time Library 11.5. This reference should use C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\Common\3.5\bin\craxdrt.dll.

Thanks,
Tori

If you need the viewer control, then try: Crystal ActiveX Report Viewer Library 11.5. C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\Common\3.5\crystalreportviewers115\ActiveXControls\crviewer.dll

Thank you, thank you. That certainly was the ticket to get the crystal report code to work. However, weird things happened when trying to print to an Eltron 2442 printer. When I changed the printer assignment using "crystalReport.SelectPrinter "Eltron 2442", "Eltron 2442", "USB001", then nothing happened (no print and no error). But when I set it to a different (network) printer, it would then print to the Eltron! So, since the Eltron is set to be the default, I removed the .SelectPrinter line entrirely, but then it was back to doing nothing. I finally gave up and removed the Crystal references and code, and shelled the report to the third party application from the Flex (vba).

Still, thanks anyway. You got me to go into the Flex code, and I got used to the environment there (a bit different from VB.net), and I was able to come up with a solution.

Cheers,
Mary Jo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back