Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Macintosh computer receiving email on Microsoft Exchange server?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 6, 2000
US
We have 1 Macintosh computer in our facility and that user would like us to set it up on our Network.&nbsp;&nbsp;That was no problem.&nbsp;&nbsp;The next issue is can she receive email from our Microsoft exchange server? Is it possilbe to recieve email on a Mac in the same way it is possible to receive email on a workstation using Microsoft Outlook? <p>Angela Daugherty<br><a href=mailto:adaugherty@bvha.org>adaugherty@bvha.org</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

We have several Macs receiving email through MS Outlook from an NT server. You have to install the Mac version of Outlook and set it up using the Outlook Settings Control Panel.

Thanks Kenmnh,
I have purchased and installed Microsoft Outlook express for macs on the Mac. Under preferences I have setup the paths to the exchange server. I am pretty confident that it is setup correctly. When I try to Send and Receive, I get a connection error. Apple Talk is enabled and I can see the exchange server and files also. This is the first Mac on our sytem and I can't any good books on this matter. Any information that you might have would be appreciated. [sig]<p>Angela Daugherty<br><a href=mailto:adaugherty@bvha.org>adaugherty@bvha.org</a><br><a href= > </a><br> [/sig]

Outlook Express for Mac doesn't support Exchange. You need to download Exchange client for Macintosh from the Microsoft site. This will work - I have over 30 Macs and 60 PC on the same Exhange server here. It's very groovy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back