Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Machine has not give full response to poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInKS

MIS
Jun 4, 2002
US
Background - I am just getting V7 rolled out to a mix of mostly Win2K and WinNT boxes, with a couple of 98 and XP thrown in. Some of these are clean new installs, some are upgrades from V4.53, some were installed remotely, some not, some are at build 139, some at 142. I am using a Win2K workstation as the admin server. Workstation is sp4 with all the MS critical updates installed. The admin server is at build 142.

I keep getting the following message on my admin server. I get the error for (I think every PC on the network, just at random times. But I usually get a volley of errors at a time (as many as 10 or 20). Here is the error:

The machine <network_name> has not given a full response to the poll. Some information may not be up to date.

Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

Thanks saop,

I found that link (CA tech support also suggested that).
It hasn't seemed to help. I did turn the alert for that particular error off so I am not getting a ton of pop ups on my PC at least.

I guess no one else is getting this error on their admin server?

Will try tech support again I guess.

CA changed their support website AGAIN, and now this link is obsolete. Any body know what it said or what the new article ID is?

Bill Zielinski
County of Midland, Michigan

Bill -
From my notes:
RE: QI48726
This error occurs because on this client
machine, the ID value in the registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ComputerAssociates
\eTrustAntivirus\CurrentVersion\ID
is the same as the one on other eTrust client
machines. This type of situation may occur when
the eTrust client machines are ghosted from a
common image.
-----------------------
Not sure I believe this, but will give it a try.
Also, was sent inoRT.exe that will remove the above mentioned reg key. The key will be recreated when the machine is polled by the admin server.
-----------------------
Have tried the above and had no effect.

I am still getting this error, but just ignoring it.

Actually that makes sense. The machines we are seeing this message appear on are all in the same department, and as far as I know were created from the same Ghost image.
I wonder if uninstalling and reinstalling would clear this up?

Bill Zielinski
County of Midland, Michigan

Bill -
If this does apply in your case, then just delete the registry key mentioned above. It will automatically get recreated and this may fix your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back