Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Machine does not start

Status
Not open for further replies.

tokool

Programmer
Nov 6, 2001
US
Hi all:
I am faced with a problem which i do not seem to figure out. The machine i am trying to fix does not seem to start. What i mean to say is that when i press the power button, the machine starts and hangs in the opening screes before it detects any of the devices.
It only displays the processor configuration and stops.
I had it working perfectly before i seemed to tweek something that screwed it up.
Would appriciate some help on this issue.
Thanks,
Preetham.

Sometimes some critical device becomes unseated in its slot and the computer will not work like the RAM or the Video card or the Processor. Try checking to see if everything is seated right. RAM often pops up a little. See if the Fans plugged into the motherboard work too. This can be caused by a power supply if the power isnt supplied at a steady rate. I can also be caused by manually selecting the wrong jumpers or a jumper falling off the motherboard. For instance if the Memory voltage is wrong it might shut off right away. If you do not like my post feel free to point out your opinion or my errors.

I've had this problem before. The simplest solution I've found is to clear the BIOS and then restart. Not sure of your motherboard but I've had this on an Asus and an MSI board.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back