Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MAC / Windows Ad Hoc Collaboration

Status
Not open for further replies.

cplbaum2

MIS
Jun 18, 2004
US
Although my first computer was an Apple IIe, I haven't touched an Apple in years.

I have a user with a Windows XP laptop complete with wireless. Her client (as in customer) has a brand new Apple Powerbook complete with wireless and bluetooth. During meetings, the client would like to be able to send her messages and vice versa. They'll be sitting at the same table. Ideally, this would be over an ad hoc wireless network. The users will not have access to the internet.

For Windows only users, I've had great luck with Colligo Personal Edition 2.1. It allows you to form ad hoc networks and IM back and forth. Does anyone know of a product that will allow ad hoc wireless instant messenging between a Mac and a Windows pc?

if you have a standard wireless network, could you just put msn messenger on each of them? mac to pc shouldn't matter and no extra software required.

=========================================
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
Thomas A. Edison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back