Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MAC VIDEO & SOUND iTunes releases rental videos... ohh my

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aluminum

Programmer
Jun 8, 2007
US
I have…

A iMac and the “Tv Kit”

Ohh my!

A friend of mine, whom is in the “Mac world”, wants to:

1) View the iTunes interface on his Sony Flat Screen (2 years old many inputs).
2) Listen to the iTunes sound via the Harmon and Kardon receiver (3 years old many inputs)

The idea:

…to run the application from the room next to the office. Basically, the Internet connection runs into the house from the wall in the office. Most of the web surfing is done there. However, the nice sound system and T.V. reside in the living room. I am guessing the TV and Receiver are about 30 feet from the hardwired cable modem.

Should we

A) Hardwire some sort of LAN or
B) Set up a Wifi

I also have a netgear 802.11G wireless router available. Not sure if this helps. What configuration should be done here… any type of firewalls, wlan, bla bla help

I am sure this has been done in the Apple world,

Please advise,

Aluminum
2 Mac or not to mac? Hmmm

P.S.
Be nice I have bragged about this forum in public LOL

Not sure I quite get what you are trying to do but this might help

Or you could get hold of an Apple TV box which will stream content FROM your iTunes on your Mac and output it to whatever audio/video (HDMI only I think) kit you plug into it. It will work wirelessly or wired AFAIK.

--
Tek-Tips Forums is Member Supported. Click Here to donate

<honk>*:O)</honk>

Tyres: Mine's a pint of the black stuff.
Mike: You can't drink a pint of Bovril.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back