Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mac Share! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeppeOls

IS-IT--Management
Jun 27, 2002
SE
Hi!
I have installed a Windows 2003 server with appletalk and Services for mac. And i have created shares but when a try to access them from a mac client i get incorrect password.

Any ideas??

(anser found elsewhere)

I suppose that your windows 2003 server is a domain controller. In that case, OS9 clients will only work when "digitally sign communications" is disabled. You'll find this here:

"Start" >>> "Administrative Tools" >>> "Domain Controller Policy" (not Domain Policy).
Find "Security Settings" >>> "Local Policies" >>> "Security Options" >>> "Microsoft network server: Digitally sign communications (always)". Double-click on it and set to "Disabled".

If your server is not a domain controller, you could change the registry as follows:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanManServer\Parameters
The value of RequireSecuritySignature should be 0 (zero). A domain controller will reset this every night to 1, so in that case use the domain controller policy instead.

In both cases, you should reboot after this.

If it doesn't work, right-click your shared folders in "computer management.
Here, setup "Service for Macintosh file services". Choose "Apple unencrypted authentication". The connection will not be as secure, of course.

By the way since server 2003 new apple share volumes are read only by default.

good luck!

Joseph L. Poandl
MCSE 2003

If your company is in need of experts to examine technical problems/solutions, please check out (Sales@njcomputernetworks.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back