Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mac printing issues with Departmental codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

max8699

IS-IT--Management
Nov 14, 2006
AU
Hi All,
The Boss has got himself a IMac, running 10.6.8, we have just upgraded our Toshiba MFD Printers. I'm not a mac person so i'm a bit stuck, we have set departmental codes on the the printer so they can monitor printing. Now without the department codes the bosses Mac can print fine, with the codes enabled the prints are placed on hold awaiting authorization but the code popup box never comes up.
Now i downloaded the drivers from Toshiba, there is only two available, and installed them. In the setup there is a space for codes so made two profiles one for black and one for colour.
Now if i add the printer through a program, safari or office ( click print then add printer) then set up the printer the program crashes then when you restart the program it prints fine. If i add a printer via system preferences and set the printer up with the codes, it goes on hold waiting authorization even though the codes are there.
If i disable printing codes on the printer he can print but then the codes are off for everyone.
As i said earlier I'm not a Mac person (only Mac in the place is the boss) so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Max
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Sounds to me like a Toshiba problem. Do you have someone local from Toshiba? I would guess you have setup the printer, via an IP address, just want to check and make sure..

Hi the issue seems to have resolved itself. I re added the printer again yesterday to do some further testing, after I logged a call to Toshiba while waiting for them to call back, I set up the codes and hit print and the damn thing printed, both for colour and black. So will keep an eye on it see how it goes.

Regards
Max
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back