Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MAC Photoshop CS3 Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Footunny

IS-IT--Management
Aug 6, 2009
US
Greetings and let me apologize up front if there is a more proper board for this.

I have installed Creative Suite CS3 and every application works just fine with the exception of Photoshop 3. It loads, you can see the Blue Load window, followed by the toolbars and then POOF it crashes and goes away.

If anyone else has seen this let me know, I am thinking it may be that CS3 was created with Intel Based MAC's in mind however that is a thin line theory :)

Foo

CS3 is "supposed to work with Power PC macs but some people have had a lot of problems. It's also designed to work with OSX 10.4.8 or later. However, since you only have a problem with Photoshop, I'm guessing your problem is with that app. Before you do anything repair disk permissions via Disk Utility/

It might be an easy fix, with bad Photoshop prefs. Launch PS and immediately hold down Command, Option, Control, and Shift keys. You should get a window asking if you want to clear prefs. Clear the prefs and see what happens, That would be especially important if you ever had an earlier version of Photoshop.

If that does not work, look on the CS install disk for the Adobe uninstaller. Run it and uninstall PS. Then reinstall PS and see what happens.

Using OSX 10.3.9 & 10.4.11 on a G4, G5 & Intel Macbook

If I recall correctly, CS3 is a 'fat binary', intended for PPC and Intel. CS2 was the last PPC-only version (only able to run on Intel through Rosetta emulation). - - - so I doubt that is the issue as well. This definitely smells like preferences gone awry.

Cool, going to try a few things i researched as well the one learned from yalls post. Will keep ya posted.

Foo

One thing to note - if you're not familiar with Adobe Apps - Screwed up preferences is THE number one cause of all problems. It's been that way since the beginning of time.

Using OSX 10.3.9 & 10.4.11 on a G4, G5 & Intel Macbook

Fixed!! Should anyone have this issue, (of the many ideas tossed about) the one that worked for us was to rename the twain file to ~twain.

Working again :)

Be cool all

Foo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back