Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MAC OS X

Status
Not open for further replies.

dodge20

MIS
Jan 15, 2003
US
We have a Linux Redhat 8.0 server with a mixed environment (Mac os 9,X, and Windows). MAC OS X is giving us all kinds of problems. Files seem to just disappear from the server. We connect our MACS via afp. I Can't get the files to show up correctly via smb. I assume because it can't see the resource forks.

My question is, is there a known issue for files just disappearing? Could it be a OS X thing, becuase this never happened before the upgrade to OS X. Also there seems to be a problem navigating through classic on an OS X machine to the server, but that isn't the big issue right now. Any articles or knowlege will be greatly appreciated.

Is a different connection better? We have thousands of files that don't show up correctly through smb. They all say Unix Executable file. I think I could rename them with the correct extension, but that would take months.

Dodge20

Dodge20 -
are you sure your netowork is clean (not to much garbage flying around?) bec.Os x is better then os 9 in handeling netowork garbage but still not great

bec. I have not had any issues contecting my os x machine to my RH 8 machine via smb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back