Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MAC OS X Won't Logoff; Restart; or Shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

cupper

Technical User
Jul 31, 2002
US
I have a customer who is running a MAC with OS X on it. We mounted several network drives from a Windows 2000 server and added them to favorites. When we went to restart, the MAC does not seem to do anything, it's as though you hadn't clicked on it. The system seems to be running fine. It doesn't do anything when you try to logoff or shut down either. I am lost on this one. I am wondering if it is because those drives are mounted? I did dismount the drives and then tried it. - No change. The only way to shutdown is to hit the power button. When you power it back up everything seems to be working but you still cannot logoff, restart or shutdown.

Searching for ideas!
Cupper

OS9 classic may be running and not letting you shut down. Try force quittig OS9 then see if you can shut down.

I did one more test after posting this - I unplugged the ethernet connection and booted the MAC without being connected to the network it booted fine and it also shut down properly. So, it looks as though it has something to do with the mounted drives? Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back