Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mac OS X can't obtain IP from W2K DHCP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HKNinja

MIS
Nov 17, 2002
US
Hi everyone,

I have a Windows 2000 Adv. Server setup to provide DHCP service. It works good until I need to connect a Mac OSX. The Mac is not able to obtain an IP from the Windows 2000 DHCP service. Apple-Talk in enabled on the server and if I input static IP, the Mac is able to access the server. What could be wrong? Please advise! Many thanks!

I'm a little stumped by this one. I have set up half a dozen networks where Macs (OSX and others) obtain addresses from NT and Win2K servers. Haven't had a problem yet.

There wouldn't happen to be a router between the client and the server would there? Could it be that it's not set up to forward DHCP broadcasts?

Just grasping at staws without some more info.

Cheers!

Thanks for your replay, CPTjdc.

There is a wireless router in between. However, wireless PCs has no problem obtaining an IP, but the MAC is not. That puzzles me.

Oh, I got it. I just ran out of IPs. Oops. ~^_^~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back