Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mac OS 10.4.11, screen moves opposite mouse movement

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMacQuarker

Technical User
Nov 10, 2005
US
What could cause the entire desktop to move opposite the mouse movement?
I was working in QuarkXPress 6.52 and hit a key combination trying to use vertical scaling, when the entire screen started moving around as I moved the mouse pointer.
Using Intel iMac with OS 10.4.11.
Does anyone have any idea what might cause this or how to fix it.
I have relaunched the finder, shut down and restarted and it still does it.
Any help would be appreciated.
IMacQuarker

This is just happening in QuarkXPress or all the time?

If all the time, it could be something in the Accessibility settings. Sounds like it is in Pan mode.

Hi pentode

This happened when I was using QuarkXpress 6.52 and continued in all browsers and with nothing opened. I was using the Command Option keys to do something in Quark when it happened.
Restarting and using Install disk to repair did nothing to fix it.
Finally I went back to Quark and played with the Command, Option, Control keys and it finally went away.
I don't know what started it or what stopped it, but everything is working fine now.
Thanks

IMacQuarker

You might have inadvertently had zoom activated. In osx, if you hold the control key down to zoom in the default is for the whole screen to move with the pointer.

To change it, go to system prefs/mouse. You'll see that Zoom is checked at the the bottom of the window. You can change this if you want ot you cna click the Options button and change "screen image moves" from continuous to one of the other choices.

Using OSX 10.3.9 & 10.4.11 on a G4, G5 & Intel Macbook

Thanks jmgalvin

I looked at my mouse prefs and the scroll options are turned off and the zoom box is also unchecked. I don't use the scroll button on my mouse.
Somehow or other I went back to Quark the next day and messed with the Option, Control etc. and it went away, not even going to click and try the zoom box.

Thanks again
IMacQuarker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back