Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mac Manager/Tabs Fault

Status
Not open for further replies.

mat123

Technical User
Dec 17, 2003
ZA
Hi All
Is there anyone who can assist me with the following problem?
We have a Sysmanager connected to our Philips IS3070 and recently we had a power fail which led to the PC crashing.When starting up an error message(No license available)is displayed.I have checked and found the license file but when I try to access license manager another message is displayed(Insufficient Authorization Level-This application requires level 5,your level is 0)
How do I change my authorization level to load the license string?
Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Matt

It looks to me that you have two different items to attend to.
First on the PBX part.
The authorization. Check DIAUPR:; what your authorisation level is. Most convenient is 7777.
Use CHDEAU:? to set the default authority class.
i.e. CHDEAU:VDU030,0,1;
CHDEAU:VDU030,1(upto 14),1;
etc.

On the PC site it could be that the licence manager files are corrupted.
Depending on the system you should search for a file called LMAdmin.dat and delete it. (backup?) And reload the original licese file.
On newer models you first should stop the license service of the philips license manager.
Also the services must be available in HKLM/System/ControlSet001/Services/LMAdmin
If the service is not in the registry then re-install
the Licence Manager.

Good luck.

PS: Get your self a UPS.

It also could be that you need to increase your permission level.
With Regedit check HKLM\Software\Philips, Permission Level
and set it to 15 or F(hex).

Hi Everyone
Big thanks to Jabw for the reply.I tried finding the entry in the registry but have not been very successful.
Is this the correct path and is there a search I could perform to track the permission level?
Once again your input is always appreciated and I am very thankful.

Regards
Matt

If it's not there than just add it. Its a Dword and the name is "Permission Level" with a value of F(hex)

Hi All
I am hoping not to sound too inexperienced but could you(jabw)please ellaborate on the Dword phrase and what steps have to be taken.

Once again I appreciate all the valuable response.

Regards
Matt

Regedit, in the right pane, rightmouse klik, new, DWORD value.

Hi All
I certainly will be trying these solutions a little later.Just a word of thanks to all of you for responding.It is very gratifying knowing that I can forward problems that I have on occasion to this forum.

I understand that I have to communicate my thanks through the forum but I would have prefered dropping an email to all that have responded.

Thanks
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back