Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mac Crashes and QuarkExpress

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEFJ

MIS
Dec 15, 2001
US
OH how tempting it was to put HELP!!! in the subject,

OK being a complete and utter dolt when it comes to Mac's I must beg and plead for help from you kind and knowlegable souls.

I have a user who is having multiple issues with her Macintosh and I have just about no idea where to start (why doesnt rebooting just fix everything!)

Her first issues and most annoying is that her Mac sporadicly and randomly crashes.

She states "I try to do something and the mouse cursor stops with a black box around it and I have to reboot"

I asked her if she was running any programs that seemed to cause it to crash more often and she said no. She doesnt seem to think having more applications open causes it to crash more either.

The second problem that she is having is that a application called QuarkExpress wont function and returns a error of "a type 1 error occurred"

So if anyone can offer any help it would be much appreciated.

-Thanks in advance - NJS

Please! Need to know what system is being used and on what MAC? Also what applications are installed? Let freedom ring!

I am assuming this is an older mac runing Mac OS 9 or earlier.

ID=01 Bus Error
This means the computer tried to access memory that doesn't exist. You can get this error on almost any Macintosh. If one of these computers tried to access one or more bytes beyond the total number of bytes in RAM, you see a bus error.

the usual cause of this is corrupt programs doing a goto to a random location, a reinstall Quark should fix it, another possibility is that they have too little memory assigned to Quark, to fix that select the Quark program Icon but do not start Quark and

File >Get info >Memory and add memory to the prefered memory

I tried to remain child-like, all I acheived was childish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back