Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MAC AFP on NW6.0 Cluster Stumper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 25, 2003
US
Have a client with NetWare 6.0 SP5 and a cluster. Most of their workstations are MACs, and for the most part it works great.

But they were having some probs accessing one volume(both mac and PC), and I ended up removing the volume resource and then recreating it (Long story, SAN crashed a while back, hadn't worked since rebuilding it). Creating the new clustered volume resource fixed the volume problems, and the cluster is almost in perfect shape.

But now on the MACs, they don't see any of the cluster volumes when they go to their browser (or whatever its called). They just arent' there. The services are running, they are registering with SLP, and all of the cluster resources are online. All the cluster resources are working great.

If they are very specific (in some other dialog), they can get to and browse the volumes. They just don't show up in the chooser.

Is there something obvious that could have changed that I'm missing? I'm not a mac guy (but I do kick ass on clustering).

Thanks.
Marvin

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE

sorry the only thing i know about macs

is that it is called chooser
i assume it sees all other vols just not that one ?

In the chooser, nothing shows up. no volumes no server, nothing.

There is another place where the user can SPECIFY the server, and then it will find the volumes, and they can access it.. but they didn't have to do it this way before.

Marvin

does the mac resolve purely via slp ?

do they have ant slpinfo /all type command or that

I don't know what commands are available on the MAC side. I know the AFP items are registered with the SLP DA. That's all I really know. I'm not sure how or what to troubleshoot on the MAC side.

Marvin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back