Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MAC address on a switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
i am trying to find the mac address on my switch, in my dorm we have only one drop that works and i was going to use my 5 port switch so we could use the same drop. i need to know the mac address before the DHCP servers for the network will recongnize the switch. they are using mac addresses to assign ip addresses. i know the easiest way to do this would to fix the drop myself but they said i would get in trouble if i attempted this. the other possiblity is that the cable became unplugged in the wirring closet but the dummasses wont let me go in and check. so i have to wait up to 10 days for these lazy asses to fix it.

I was going to point out that you do not need the MAC adress of the switch, only the MAC address of the end computers, then I noticed how you treated those who were helping you now and decided not to mention it. I tried to remain child-like, all I acheived was childish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back