Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MA Access Apply a formula to multiple columns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speiro1

MIS
Jun 7, 2012
US
I have a table that collects income generated each month. Each month is a record and each column has different income types interest, dividend etc. The number of columns can grow so i want to pull all columns into the query, a simple select all will work here. Next I want to apply a percentage against all the income column for example investor 1 will get 75% and investor 2 will get 25%. is there a way to do this

Table Investor %
Investor 1 75
Investor 2 25

Month Interest Dividend Expense1 Expense2
1/1/2011 10 20 (15) (8)

I don't want to simply set up fixed formulas as the number of income and expense columns can grow so if there is a way to apply the break out % to all columns that would be great.

Let me know if you need any more details
Thanks

Read up on "normalization". You should have each expense as its own record. What you have is a spreadsheet, not a relational database. You should never have to add fields, only records.

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back