Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

M7100 external bell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucentguru

Programmer
Dec 28, 2002
US
Does anyone know where to find the technical specs for the external bell jack on the bottom of a M7100? I need to connect this to a Valcom 30 watt horn(V-1038)w/48v PS and am gettting very low output.

Thanks

That would be because it's a headset jack and not a bell jack under the phone.
Hook the horn up to it with about 15' of cable only, the longer the cable the less power you will get....I know it works with an algo ringer this way.
spoclogo2.jpg

This sounds simple but is the volume turned up on the phone's. Try feature star 80 then tap the rocker bar

Begging your pardon, it is a bell jack on the M7100 series phone. I will try the ringer volume to see if this helps. I have since added a Valcom V-2003A paging control amp to the setup, with the bell output connected to the "music in"(8-600ohm) and is now very loud. However, there is some hum present.

Thanks,

Brian

If the bell is fed from the bell jack under the phone the volume bar on the phone adjusts the output

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back