Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

M3905s and Avaya Contact Center Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

2011sp

Technical User
Feb 18, 2015
US
I posted this in the Avaya Aura Forum but I'd like to see if I can get any input from here since we are using M3905s for our phones in the call center. Would it be safe to say that we are using a Meridian 1 Option 11C setup? Are there settings within the Meridian PBX that I should be picking my telecom guy's brain about?

I'd like some feedback if possible about my situation. Our call center books reservations for public park facilities. Our busy season is starting, meaning we are fielding up to 2000 calls in one day.

Background: I work in a call center with up to 20 employees taking calls. We have Avaya Aura CCM 6.4.213 as our software to route calls. We've been using the software for the most part in the same way for several years, but I was recently promoted to a technical position which allowed me to dive into understanding how to use the software. I have no prior telecom training, and I am aware that at this point understand better than our telecom guy does, but my account is only at a management level, not an admin level to let me see configuration and scripting.

I understand how the Supervisor, Agent, Skillset, and Assignments Views work. I also understand about the CCM Hierarchy of CDNs, Applications, Skillsets, and Agents.

In conjunction with Avaya we are also using a separate callback software system, Virtual Hold EyeQueue, which may or may not be compounding problems because of the algorithm of predicting callback with a minimal hold time can be affected by just 1 person going on break or lunch. I'm not sure if I'm describing this clearly. VHT works on the Application level of Avaya.

Issue:

We have 14 queues, and all agents are trained to answer all calls, but of course there are different levels of efficiency within the call center floor. We plan to transition to newer software but that will not be happening before the end of this year.

Ideally I would like to be able to have the longest call holding to be answered first (regardless of how many calls are waiting) since everyone is trained on all our queues. It doesn't seem to be operating that way. The queue with the most calls waiting is always taking priority. The other queues are being affected because there is 1 queue that is easily 2-3 times the volume of the others. 4 of the queues (including the highest volume queue) can have expected talk times ranging from 3 minutes up to 15 minutes.

It seems like because of this one high volume queue, the Avaya CCM is addressing this queue essentially to the exclusion of the other queues. I can take agents off the high volume queue to address these other queues, but it can significantly affect estimated wait times because of our relatively small pool of agents.

Two observations I've made:

I've noticed that when I take an agent off the high volume queue to take calls from the other queues, the longest call holding among the other queues is not the one getting answered first. Another queue that has less calls holding is one that gets answered first, and the queue with the longest call holding is not answered until the other queue has cleared.

I've also noticed that some but not all agents occasionally receive a call from one of the other queues even when they are still set to answer the high volume queue.

My questions:

[ul]
[li]What settings can I tell the telecom guy to check for these issues?[/li]
[li]Are there areas in the configuration that can be set to address target talk times and adjusting the routing accordingly?[/li]
[li]Is there something I can tell him to export for me to be able to review?[/li]
[li]Is there any way to tell if the Virtual Hold software being used on top of Avaya is causing problems?[/li]
[/ul]

One last question I have is about the "Standby 1-48" setting for an agent. What threshold is supposed to activate an agent on standby? This doesn't seem to be activating anyone on standby.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back