Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

M3905 Privacy

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwmyers

Technical User
Oct 13, 2011
US
What is the feature that prevents one from picking up the same phone line at the same time.
Each set has its individual KEY 0
Each set has add on modules with same KEY assignments.
If someone answers a line on the add on module. I don't want another person to be able to pickup that line.

POD IN THE CLS

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

Thanks for the quick response.
I have verified CLS POD
I am able to pickup the line (on my 3905 set) after someone has already answered the line (on another 3905 set).

Does the DN exist anywhere else like maybe a single line phone?
I had a similar situation, but it was so long ago I can't remember exactly what the situation or what the fix was, but I think I found the same DN on a M2006 or a 500 set which was screwing up the privacy.

Multiple Appearance Directory Number
If a Multiple Appearance, SCR/SCN DN is shared by Meridian 1 proprietary
telephones only, Privacy is in effect. No one can enter a call unless the
call is first placed on Hold, or unless Privacy Release is activated to allow
another appearance to enter the call. If this configuration is shared between
these telephones and single-line telephones, Privacy is not in effect for any
appearance of the DN. Anyone sharing the DN can enter the call at any time

Best of luck...
30n30w

30n30w is correct. If a 500 set is programmed with the same number as a digital appearance then it makes the line a party line. Just out the 500 line and it should resolve your issue.

Thanks for your answers.
The reason we need the 500 port is for the HUNT feature.
The customer wanted a HUNT Group for the Incoming 800 number.
The 800 number is routed by DNIS and the DNIS number has a Hunt Group for example 1760 thru 1769.
The addon is set up to look like an old Key Phone or Busy Lamp Field.

You can have a mixture of analog and digital sets with a Multiple Call Arrangement configuration.

Go into the digital sets and removed the appearances of the shared DN. Go to the analog set and change it to CLS MCRA (Multiple Call Arrangement Allowed). Then go back to your digital sets and add back the shared DN against a KEY xx MCR yyyy (Multiple Call Ringing).

We actually have 4 Incoming 800 Numbers routing to the M3905s

XXXXXX 800 XXX XXXX 10 number HUNT
XXXXXX 800 XXX XXXX 2 number HUNT
XXXXXX 800 XXX XXXX 2 number HUNT
XXXXXX 800 XXX XXXx 3 number HUNT

all 800 numbers route by DNIS

Each M3905 is responsible for answering all 4 800 calls

I apologize that I have made this complicated

so is the 500 set an actual 500 TN? or is it a phantom? If it's an actual TN, then changing it to a phantom might solve your privacy issue since a phantom is just that; there is no associated actual hardware....but I could be wrong.... :)
Just a thought...Good Luck!
30n30w

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back