Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

M3905 digital sets maximum distance for cabling ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

nokia6600

Technical User
Apr 18, 2008
YE
Hello,

I have urgent case and need your support as soon as possible ,
I have Nortel op11C PBX used for callcenter 80 agents (use digital sets M3905) , I want to move those agents to another building that far about 1 KM from the central room .
The question is : can i make cabling for the digital sets that will used by agents from the PBX to other site far 1 KM without losing signal ? If yes , is there is recomended cable type , and what is the maximum distance allowed for digital sets cabling ?

Thanks,
Abdu

Off the top of my head, the maximum acceptable loop length is 1067 m. (3500 ft), assuming 24 AWG (0.5 mm) standard twisted wire with no bridge taps. A 15.5 dB loss at 256 kHz defines the loop length limit. Longer lengths are possible, depending on the wire’s gauge and insulation.

~~~
[small]GHTROUT.com | Get the Input/Output Manuals | Tek-Tips FAQs | Recent Replies[/small]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back