Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

M3905 Change from Buzz to Ring 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottydont

Technical User
May 3, 2007
Hi All,

Hopefully somone can help me out with this one.

I have a handful of 3905 agents and they want their phones to ring on incoming calls not buzz as they currently do. I have tried changing the Buzz to RNGI/RNGB in the class with no success. Is there any other promts to add to the set?

Any help would be great.

Thanks

on the 2616 phone sets i change the CLS to FITA
flexible incoming tones allowed.

try that

Im wingin it

Thanks Stefanog65,

I think im close, I have got fita in the set now and it buzzes 4 times instead of once, but still no ring. Must be somthing else Im missing. Thanks for the help.

We recently had this issue but in our case everyone wants the phone to ring. We have discovered a new Nortel Patch that may help you MPLR 21143. This for release4.5.

They found that if you have a headset plugged in the phone will not ring even if RNGB or RNBI is configured. This patch provides ringing for a M3905 both with the headset plugged in and using the handset.

I would recommend that you run a DEP list to see if this is in your current patch list. If not it should be added.

Thanks for that setting. I will get the latest deplist and see if that helps. I found that if you take off the 3905's off hook cover and plug the headset into the supervisors jack it will ring, but this patch is a lot better option.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back