Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

M3905 are buzzing once instead ringing

Status
Not open for further replies.

TelecomTech34

Vendor
Jan 20, 2012
US
We have a new Call Center set up and some of the M3905's buzz once and some ring normal. I noticed some differences in the Class of Service but after trying to duplicate a phone that is ringing the buzz won't go away. Does anyone know what the reasoning behind this is?

M3905 come wthout a switch hook hence the buzz scenario. Change the CLS in the phone to RNGI hopefully this will solve your problem.

I tried changing the CLS to RNGI but it's still buzzing and not ringing. I also tried changing the CLS to FITD, made sure the handset and headset were plugged in to the appropriare jacks, and made sure the off-hook switch was down. Any other ideas?

check firmware on phone you may have to update it, then it may be a pep for the pbx.

Thanks for the quick responses, I also checked the firmware and it's still buzzing.

This may help, I unplugged the headset from the headset port and the phone rings now instead of buzzing. The only thing is I have others with headsets plugged in and there phones ring just fine, no buzz. I compared the CLS of both and I see no differences

Compare the 'Options List' (Menu) in the phones. (Could be a Ringtype or Headset setting?)

Haven't dealt with this in a long time, but dug up these notes:

"CLS RNGB. The default is BUZZ. For call center folks (M3905), use RNGI. This means the first call will ring four times, regardless of whether it’s an ACD call or a DN call, but the second call will buzz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back