Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

M3904 Phone Intercom

Status
Not open for further replies.

AugieDawgie

IS-IT--Management
Jun 19, 2003
US
Executive wants assistant to be able to intercom in to him when he's on another line. Is this possible?

yes just add a icm line to his phone, he will get one beep when a call is placed and the lamp will continue to flash, even if it's a voice icm. in ld 20 prt dig return, will show you a list of all icms that are used, pick a free one then echg the 3904 to key dig 2 20 v.. icm 2 number 20 on a voice call, (auto answers after one ring)..if it's idle. i usually use icm numbers to match the last 2 of the ext where possible..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I have been trying to add DIG to a 3904 phone. As soon as I get past the DIG in the command it gives an error code.
i.e. key 03 DIG SHC1947
Any suggestions?

Go to LD 21 and prt ftr. Check what DGRP (Max DIG's) is set at. If it is 0 then there are none. Change this in ld 15.

the command for adding a dig

key x dig 1 23 v or r... if it's a voice icm,you get 1 ring then voice page to that set, all units on any icm must eiter be voice or ring.. that line would make icm 1 station 23

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

As per NTP's SCH1947; Feature (Key or CLS) is not configurable on Host or Virtual Terminals (Overlay 11).

Is this an IP set?

I have DGRP 20. I outed the 2616 that has the feature and tried to replace it with an M3904 non IP set. So far, it has been unsuccessful. I have tried using both OTM and green screen and both give the same error code after entering "DIG".

What is you current software release? I would say to print the TNB and review what the default CLS's are. Something may be allowed or denied that has to be changed.

never used dig on an ip, but doesn't seem like it should be a show stopper..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

we have recently upgraded from rls 21.54 to succession 3.0 and we are trying the M3900 phones.

I know you stated intercom, but if it is a one on one admin to executive, how about using voice call?

We used the vcc as a temporary fix. The execs wouldn't answer the calls. We have seven phones in this group that have been requested to be changed out for the 3900s. We did three of them before we realized the problem.

can you post your dig groups.
LD 20
req prt
type dig

post also the commands that you entered in the key prompt.

I just rebuilt one of them (again) and it was accepted. The only difference that I see between the two is the one not working is listed as a 3904H, and this one I just set up is listed as a 3904. I don't understand why it would have an issue with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back