Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

M3904 Caller Log - Lists mail port not caller number after routing

Status
Not open for further replies.

shedlord2

Technical User
May 20, 2006
GB
[Follows on from a previous thread - ]

Summary: We are testing a M3904 phone as we have need of the caller log feature. Phones used by a sales team who can't break off current calls to take incoming calls but do need to know a call was missed and be given the missed call number.

After ruling out call waiting CWT we tried using a second line, a phantom DN, which is added to key 01 and calls bumped to this using LHK 1 when the phone is engaged.

Relevant bits of the TN programming...

TN 016 0 00 08
TYPE 3904
CLS WTD HTA SWD
HUNT 000
LHK 1
KEY 00 SCR 3409 0 MARP
01 SCR 3366 0 MARP
CPND
CPND_LANG ROMAN
NAME
XPLN 22
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST

When I have a direct dial pointed directly at this DN, it works perfectly. The phone rings, showing the caller number, user picks it up, a second caller is directed to 3366 which beeps and indicates on the user phone. After their call is ended, the caller list shows both caller numbers correctly.

There is a problem however. We have to play a message to callers before they are put through to these phone users as all their calls are recorded. To do this, we have to route calls via a voice service message then on to the DN, as below...

DDI - 783409 > ACD Dummy 6409 (voice services DN) > Menu Service ID 5409 (plays message we recorded for this user) > 3409 (user handset DN)

When I route my test this way, although the number which shows up on the phone screen for the incoming call is correct, the number which is then stored in the caller log is a 4 digit number which looks to me like a number associated with a port on the mail system.

Is there another way to play the message to the incoming caller (so that it isn't routed through mail)? Or, is there a way to make the caller list log the original caller number rather than an internal routing number?

thanks for any suggestions

We are debating whether to make the sales team state the message at the start of each incoming call, rather than using the recorded message, to get around this. It's a pretty clunky solution though, and requires policing because they won't like it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back