Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

M3903 QUESTION

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookie10

Technical User
Apr 6, 2002
US
I have a M3903 that will not show all the features when I'm not using the phone. The only feature it's showing is the forward key. When I have an active call or if I'm using the phone, all the features will up ok. I've already out the phone, then built it by copying from a good and working phone. Still didn't fix the problem. Is there anything I could do without me replacing the phone with a new one.

Thanks in advance.

Swap it with a known working phone to see if it is a phone or a port problem, if it works in the other phones jack than it is a port problem.

SOME FEATURES WILL NOT APPEAR UNTIL YOU DO GO OFF-HOOK AND MAKE A CALL DO TO THE FACT THAT YOU NEED DIALTONE TO PERFORM THESE FEATURES OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

There are many features that will not show up until you are using the phone. Try making a phone call and you'll see what i'm talking about.

I replaced the phone and it took care of the problem.

What you experienced was a newer firmware. As you update the firmware on your 3900 series phones soem of the features may change. As in the soft-keys may not show up until the feature may be used (IE: on an active call). You can check your PSWV (peripherial software versions) by using this simple procedure. GOTO ld 97 and first try to see if you have your FDL setup yet. By trying to PRT the FDL table. If you get a SCH code that says it does not exist then do this. In ld 97 type in CHG and then FDL then type ALL at FTYP then return through the rest. Now PRT the FDL in this load and you should see the FDL setup. Now goto LD 32 and type this in FSUM ALL. This will print out a summary of all of your 3900 sets in your system and tell you what firmware they currently have (this is the last column on the printout beside each TN). To check to see what Firmware version your phones should be at you need to goto ld 22 and PRT the PSWV. It will be the last 5 or 6 series of number sto printout. You will see where it says the type of phone (IE: 3902,3903 etc...). This version number is what your existing phones need to be at. If they are not you could have some very flaky issues with your phones (IE: phones going to sleep, speakerphones not working etc..). To test to see if your firmware is good I woudl suggest trying to download 1 set of each type first. By using the FDLU command in ld 32. This will let you force download 1 set by telling the system what TN to download. Once you know that the firmware in the PBX is good then you can setup a download schedule in ld 97. Also while a phone is downloading it CANNOT be unplugged. If it does get unplugged while downloading it may be renderred useless. Good Luck

All the phones' firmware had been updated. So far that's the only phone that is doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back