Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

M3902 nd M3904 phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

EddieGomez

Technical User
Sep 4, 2007
VE
Hi there...

I guess that the best and the fastest solution is the replacement instead of the reparation of these phones, but one customer asked if these phones could be repaired, the failure probably been caused by plugging them on analog extensions within a Meridian 11c system, so... If someone could give me any tips or perhaps linking me to the circuits layouts of these phones i´d really apreciatte that.. Thanks in advance...

I have a lab full of electronic equipment for circuit board repair. I haven't turned on anything in years. I'm a glorified card jockey now. It's much cheaper to buy re-manufactured and referb'd equipment, then it is to fix it. How much is your time worth by the hour? Send it out for repair, get it back just like new. Much easier!

DocVic
Dedicated to Nortel Products till the end.
Need help? Call Me Now!

As far as I know, plugging any of the digital sets into Analog TNs never broke one. I do remember that is sure death for a RolmPhone, but I think I've mixed up at least a 1000 digital phones with analog TNs over the years :)

But Doc doc is right -these phones are so cheap to buy on the secondary market.

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators - You Can Hire Me Too

The most common problem with the M39xx phones, apart from the usual damage line and handset cords etc is the firmware failing when someone has been "playing" whilst an firmware upgrade was taking place. There are ways to overcome this, but as stated above "time is money" and is it worth it?.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back