Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

M3901 Not staying Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

RLSbutton

Technical User
Mar 2, 2010
US
I have an M3901 attached to a UCx50 4.5, that deregisters after 24 hours of being online.

Is this phone type supported?

Thank you.

Joseph Sus Jr. Nortel Enthusiast

check what version of asterisk your running
could be related to what ucxguy posted before your post

Per ucxguy's post,"Have you updated your UCx recently (in the last month or so), and now you're seeing some of your SIP phones unexpectedly losing registration? Check if you are running Asterisk 11.20.0 (use the Info - Version window).

There is a bug in Asterisk 11.20.0 that causes this problem. For more info, you can look here:

E-MetroTel already released Asterisk 11.21.0 that addresses the issue. If you have 11.20.0, don't hesitate and update."

Thank you,

The telephones that I am having issues with are the Meridian Digital Taurus M3901 and Aries II M2006, not SIP telephones. But with that said, I performed the update to 11.21.0 and I'll leave the M3901 and M2006 attached and see what happens.

These are the version numbers of my system:

Asterisk
asterisk 11.21.0 0.el6
asterisk-perl 1.03 0.el6

Joseph Sus Jr. Nortel Emetrotel Consultant

I did the update a few days back...I plugged the phones in around 9:30am yesterday morning, and both the M3901 and M2006 went offline at exactly 24 hours later (this morning). The M2616, M2008, M3902, M3903, M3904, M3905 both are still operating as normal.

Here are some pics of what the phones look like when they are inoperable.

M3901_rg1wsb.jpg

M2006_d6cdrh.jpg

Joseph Sus Jr. Nortel Emetrotel Consultant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back