Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

M2616CT HF Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

xaxx

Technical User
Jun 10, 2003
CA
RE: thread798-999180

I have a customer that when they gets a call on their M2616CT and they pick up the handset the call automatically goes to hands free. When they try to pick up the call from the handset, it says "base busy". I haven't seen this happen before. Is there something in programming that would cause this to happen? The M2616CT was working fine at the desk for over a year, and overnight this problem occurs. The problem has persisted ever since. I tried power cycling the phone to no avail. I can not compare the programming as it is the only M2616CT we have in operation.

Thanks

XaxX

check to make sure it's not something silly like stuck keys. if there were not programming changes, then it must be the phone.

Make sure that the handset battery is charging correctly, that could cause that problem.

I never saw one of those work for very long. We went through a few of them before giving up.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

If you see that message, throw the phone away. There is no fix for it. We had quite a few in use years ago, and once one of them started displaying messages like that, there was nothing we could do to make it work properly after that. And we tried lots of things.

You might try replacing it with an Aastra CM-16. I do not know how well they work, only that they are supposed to be a "wireless Meridian set".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back