Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

M2616 ringer options

Status
Not open for further replies.

id07355

Technical User
Dec 16, 2003
US
Hey Everyone. I have a question on how to adjust/change the ringer type on an M2616 phone. Looking through the handbook doesn't state anything helpfull. Does anyone know how to change the ringers on these phones?

Thanks

Clyder

is this what you are looking for

Distinctive Ringing Groups (DRGs)

Feature Description

When a number of similar telephone sets are situated in close proximity it can be difficult to identify which phone is actually ringing if they all have the same ring sound. The Meridian 1 system provides four different ringing cadences which may be assigned to digital sets. The four can best be described in terms of frequency (pitch) and rate of change as follows:-

DRG Pitch and Rate of change

1 High and Fast

2 High and Slow

3 Low and Fast

4 Low and Slow

Note :

The distinctive ringing groups 3/4 are different for M2006 and M2008.

Note: On some analogue sets it is possible to change the ringing sound by changing a switch setting on the phone itself.

The Meridian 1 system can also be programmed to ring extensions differently for internal and external calls. This is set up by BT personnel and is set on a system wide basis.

Feature Implementation

The Class of Service is set to identify which of the 4 ringing cadences should be applied to the TN.

Example

This example shows how DRG3 has been assigned to digital TN

LD 11
Load Program 11.

REQ CHG
TYPE xxxx xxxx = Telephone type 2616, 2008 etc
TN x x x x = Terminal number
ECHG YES Easy Change
ITEM CLS DRG3 Assign Distinctive Ringing Group 3
ITEM Carriage return Back to the REQ prompt

Colin

you can redefine ringing in ld 56, but read the text very carefully. in cls for digital phone use drg1, drg2 etc to get different tones. those are defined in ld 56. so is internal and external ring cadance/freq. the only problem i have seen is some fax machines don't answer for a short then long ring so turn that one around, one long one short before you turn it on...johnP

how do you program different rings for internal/external?

in 16 chg rdb under the drng prompt answer yes , that gives you prompts to enter which ring you want for ext calls.. if you have different routes, it needs to be on for all Inbound routes

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thank you CMAWBEY, that looks like it did it.

how can you print your rdb's? so I can enable dnrg for all incoming calls?

if I go to ld 16
chg
rdb
cust 0
I get to rout, and I'm not sure of my routes, so I don't want to fubar anything.

thanks

good call, if your not sure and it's not broke, don't fix it.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back