Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

M2616 Handsfree issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrblurr

Technical User
Feb 12, 2013
US
Ok, so the desk where my group works recently switched a phone around trying to get one with a Handfree mode (the M on M2616) and after finding one, the Handsfree button is set to call someone on our line. Looks like no matter what phone we use it always uses this predial command for the Handsfree button. Is there a way to reset that? Or maybe just set the handsfree/Mute button back to being a handsfree/Mute button like it's supposed to be?

Any help will be appreciated and know that I'm not hugely technical with this, though I have been around the Programming menu a bit.

All 2616 phones have speakerphone, but it can be turned on or off in system programming. As we often say to users "The programming and extensions are inside the jack, not inside the phone"

~~
Gene at GHTROUT.com

Ahh, ok. That makes a lot of sense. So I would need to contact whoever deals with the jacks and have them enable it, correct?

Yes, that's right. If the both the old phone and the new phone are "2616" (16 buttons alongside the LED strip) then they will need to delete or move whatever is on the upper left button (KEY 15) and then add Class of Service "HFA"

If the old phone was a 2008 (8 buttons along side the LCD strip) then they will not be happy because they have to "OUT" and rebuild the whole phone. Most of the time administrators get all unhappy when you switch the phone types around.

~~
Gene at GHTROUT.com

They were both the same (2616) so I guess we just need to have them change the button to do the right thing.

So is there no way for anyone to just delete whatever is on that key and make it be a Handsfree button again?

Here is what we mean. Someone has to do it from the admin terminal. This is me changing my phone

[tt]>LD 11

REQ CHG
TYPE: 2616
TN 28 0 7 5
ECHG yes
ITEM key 15 nul
KEY
ITEM cls hfa
ITEM

MEM AVAIL: (U/P): 23223528[/tt]

~~
Gene at GHTROUT.com